Find a roofer in Bensenville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bensenville, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Bensenville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bensenville, IL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bensenville, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bensenville, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bensenville, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.