Find a roofer in Bensenville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bensenville, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Bensenville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Bensenville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Bensenville, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.