Find a roofer in Benld, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it take to build a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Benld, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Benld, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Benld, IL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.