Find a roofer in Bement, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Bement, Illinois. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Bement, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Bement, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bement, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.