Find a roofer in Bellwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bellwood, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Bellwood
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bellwood, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Bellwood, IL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.