Find a roofer in Beaverville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Beaverville, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Beaverville, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Beaverville, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home now.