Find a roofer in Batavia, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Batavia, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Batavia
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Batavia, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Batavia, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.