Find a roofer in Barrington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Barrington, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Barrington
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Barrington, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Barrington, Illinois. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Barrington, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home today.