Find a roofer in Atwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Atwood, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Atwood, IL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.