Find a roofer in Atlanta, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Atlanta, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Atlanta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Atlanta, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Atlanta, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.