Find a roofer in Atkinson, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the regular price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Atkinson, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Atkinson, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Atkinson, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.