Find a roofer in Athens, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Athens, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Athens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Athens, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Athens, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.