Find a roofer in Arlington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Arlington, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Arlington, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.