Find a roofer in Amboy, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Amboy, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Amboy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Amboy, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Amboy, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Amboy, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.