Find a roofer in Alhambra, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Alhambra, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Alhambra, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.