Find a roofer in Alhambra, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Alhambra, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofing experts normally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Alhambra, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Alhambra, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Alhambra, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.