Find a roofer in Aledo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Aledo, IL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Aledo, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Aledo, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Aledo, IL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.