Find a roofer in Wake Island, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Wake Island, Hawaii. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Wake Island, Hawaii
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Wake Island, Hawaii. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.