Find a roofer in Waianae, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Waianae, Hawaii
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Waianae, Hawaii, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Waianae, Hawaii. Find the right contractor for your property today.