Find a roofer in Paia, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Paia, Hawaii. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Paia, Hawaii
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Paia, Hawaii. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.