Find a roofer in Makawao, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Makawao, HI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Makawao, HI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Makawao, HI. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.