Find a roofer in Lawai, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Lawai, Hawaii. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lawai, HawaiiHome // Hawaii // Lawai
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lawai, Hawaii
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lawai, Hawaii. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lawai, Hawaii. Find the right contractor for your house now.