Find a roofer in Lahaina, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Lahaina, HI. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lahaina, HI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lahaina, HI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.