Find a roofer in Kekaha, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kekaha, HawaiiHome // Hawaii // Kekaha
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Kekaha, Hawaii
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kekaha, Hawaii, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kekaha, Hawaii. Find the right contractor for your property now.