Find a roofer in Kailua, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Kailua, HI. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kailua, HI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Kailua, HI. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.