Find a roofer in Honolulu, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Honolulu, Hawaii
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Honolulu, Hawaii. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.