Find a roofer in Hilo, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hilo, HawaiiHome // Hawaii // Hilo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hilo, Hawaii
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hilo, Hawaii. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hilo, Hawaii. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.