Find a roofer in Winston, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Winston, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Winston
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Winston, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Winston, Georgia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.