Find a roofer in Wildwood, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to have roofers come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Wildwood, Georgia
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Wildwood, Georgia. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.