Find a roofer in Whitesburg, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Whitesburg, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Whitesburg
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Whitesburg, GA
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Whitesburg, GA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.