Find a roofer in Whigham, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected expenditure for roof maintenance services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is good for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Whigham, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Whigham, Georgia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.