Find a roofer in Turnerville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Turnerville, Georgia. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Turnerville, Georgia
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Turnerville, Georgia. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.