Find a roofer in Tennga, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Tennga, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Tennga, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.