Find a roofer in Taylorsville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Taylorsville, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Taylorsville, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.