Find a roofer in Sylvania, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the right time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofer?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Sylvania, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Sylvania, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.