Find a roofer in Summerville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Summerville, Georgia
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Summerville, Georgia, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.