Find a roofer in Stone Mountain, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stone Mountain, GeorgiaRoofing // Georgia // Stone Mountain
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper occasion to request a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers normally price labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to maintain a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Stone Mountain, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Stone Mountain, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.