Find a roofer in Stockbridge, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stockbridge, GeorgiaRoofing // Georgia // Stockbridge
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Stockbridge, GA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical rate charged by roofing contractors for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Stockbridge, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Stockbridge, GA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.