Find a roofer in Snellville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Snellville, GeorgiaRoofing // Georgia // Snellville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical cost charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Snellville, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Snellville, GA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.