Find a roofer in Snellville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Snellville, Georgia. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Snellville, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Snellville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Snellville, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Snellville, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.