Find a roofer in Smyrna, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Smyrna, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Smyrna
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Smyrna, Georgia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Smyrna, Georgia. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.