Find a roofer in Shiloh, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Shiloh, GA. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what time should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much does a roofing specialist charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Shiloh, GA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shiloh, GA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.