Find a roofer in Shannon, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing contractors come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Shannon, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Shannon, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.