Find a roofer in Sapelo Island, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing specialists generally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Sapelo Island, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Sapelo Island, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.