Find a roofer in Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Saint Simons Island, Georgia
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Saint Simons Island, Georgia, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.