Find a roofer in Royston, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Royston, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Royston, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.