Find a roofer in Rome, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rome, GeorgiaRoofing // Georgia // Rome
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is inspecting my roof required?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to repair the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Rome, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Rome, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.