Find a roofer in Riverdale, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Riverdale, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Riverdale
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Riverdale, Georgia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Riverdale, Georgia. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.