Find a roofer in Rex, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Rex, Georgia
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rex, Georgia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rex, Georgia. Find the right contractor for your property now.