Find a roofer in Powder Springs, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Georgia // Powder Springs
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Powder Springs, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Powder Springs, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.